You will see posts about Google Apps in Education, Open Source Technology, Book Reviews, Tutorials/How To, Lesson and Project plans, and everything else related to education and technology.
Why you will benefit from reading this blog. I:
- have taught multiple subjects in math and science with various levels and backgrounds of students and communities.
- currently providing formal training to my district on technology in the classroom towards teacher certification/credentialing
- share a group of students on a team with a humanities teacher so I will make sure that my posts cover all disciplines and levels.
- am a speed reader capable of digesting a manual, website, book, etc and review/explain it for you saving you valuable time.
- love technology but know that there is no substitute for students and educators working together. I am constantly exploring the question of how (and if) technology can provide a better more equitable and productive learning environment for students.
The great power of the Internet comes from our ability to connect and share. I hope that you will feel welcome in leaving suggestions or feedback in the comments, ideas for future posts, and anything else that you think might support this growing community of teachers using technology in the classroom. However, I would like to quote Ron Berger's suggestions for great feedback, please always make sure it is: Kind, Helpful, and Specific. Doing so keeps our community safe for all to feel comfortable participating and helps us to grow.
Thanks and I look forward to our journey ahead! Please feel free to say hi in the comments and let me know what you would like for future posts.